maio 25, 2011
We decided to go to Buenos Aires. I really wanted to go back and Paulo has never been there before, so Buenos Aires it was.
Buenos Aires is the capital of Argentina.
Argentina and Brazil are neighbors and foreign people (including the media) often mistake Brazil's capital as Buenos Aires. For the record, Brasilia is Brazil's capital ; )
Even though, we speak Portuguese, it is fairly easy for us to communicate with "Los Hermanos".
Brazil and Argentina have a HUGE rivalry when soccer is on the agenda, but apart from that..... Buenos Aires is a really beautiful city, with amazing architecture, food, shopping and of course tango.
We bought city tour tickets, so we could see the city as its best.
My favorite places are Caminito, San Telmo Antique Fair, Puerto Madero and a wonderful tango show at Senor Tango (even tough I don't recommend dinner here, only the show).
I hope you enjoyed Buenos Aires through our pictures.
maio 23, 2011
Welcome to another edition of Miscellany Monday.
1. We are back to work today.
2. It is kind of sad.
3. We had an amazing time in Buenos Aires (pictures soon).
4. I finished one of the longest craft project in history.
5. I finally finished my photo frames.
6. Yes, it took me one year to finish 5 pieces.
7. I've been dieting and running pretty consistently on the past month or so.
8. It is not showing yet.
9. I've been having a lot of nightmares.
10. The subject is always the same: I can't get pregnant again (I 'll write more about it later).
Have a wonderful week.
maio 22, 2011
We traveled for a few days, and the rest of our days, we stayed home and we focused on our house projects.
It was good to spend some time with Paulo and make some plans for our future.
We worked hard during the week at our garden, office, our closets, bathrooms and etc.
But it was worth every minute.
Today, we finished up our day at Joe's and Leo's. It is a themed restaurant in Brazil. They have plenty of American Football and Baseball memorabilia as their decor. The dishes are great and they have GREAT onion rings too.
We finished our Sunday stroll with a good cappuccino at Havanna Caffe. I love it there.
Right now, we are starting to get ready for our working week ; )
I hope you had a wonderful weekend,
maio 17, 2011
It was a wonderful trip, full of sightseeing, good food, good wine and extremely good desserts.
We had a wonderful time.
I still need to sort out my pictures, but before my vacation finishes, I will be back with a full recap.
As for now, I am off to run a few errands and to face the Laundry Montain ; )
maio 10, 2011
You all know I was born and raised as a Catholic and you all know I've been pretty mad at God with this entire miscarriage subject lately.
But, even though I've been pretty mad, I NEVER canceled my devotional subscriptions. Today I got this one, and for a very long time, I felt I am not walking alone on this crazy journey.
“Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me”
(Psalm 23:4, NIV)
Everyone faces the storms of life. Sometimes we have the faith to be delivered from the storms instantly; sometimes we have the faith to walk through the storms. But no matter which route you take, you can be sure that God is right there with you. He will equip you and sustain you. He will give you the grace, the supernatural empowerment, to make it through.
Today, maybe you are facing a storm and can’t quite see a way out. Maybe you’re not sure what the answer is. All you have to do is take it one step at a time by saying, “God, I know You have a good plan for my future.” “God, I am doing better today than I was yesterday.” “God, I know You are leading and guiding me.” With every step you take, know that God is doing a work in your life. Know that He is with you, and He will comfort you. Keep moving forward. Keep taking those steps of faith and keep walking through the storm into the place of victory He has prepared for you!
So, what do you think???
maio 09, 2011
1. I'm a little late to the party today, since I am those type of people who posts at the crack of dawn ; )
2. But, today was my 1st vacation day;
3. It was a lazy but yet productive day;
4. I bought two cardigans a few weeks back from Land's End and they never arrived. Last week, I got a notice from the post office to pick them up and to pay extra taxes : (
5. The extra taxes were worth paying ; )
6. We booked our tickets and our hotel for our quick gateway during our two week vacation.
7. We will leave on Wednesday and we will come back on Monday.
I hope you have a great week .
maio 07, 2011
I am not in the same dark hole I was back in Dec/Jan, but I felt a little set back on past few weeks.
I started to sleep less, and I'm on a zero tolerance mode lately : ( I gained 10 +lbs in 5 days, due to fluid retention.
On my two last therapy sessions, I've been discussing with her, why I went back almost to square one in short few days.
First, Mother's Day is tomorrow.
Second, I am in a panic mode, if I get pregnant again, what will happen?
In my mind, I don't know any beautiful outcome of a pregnancy. My two experiences were two tragedies (it is not the right word, but I don't know any other one to replace it).
I even start to consider adoption (you read it right I am, not we are). But I'm considering adoption not because I feel it is right, or it is a noble thing to do. I am only considering out of fear of what might happen, if I get pregnant.
Needless to say, I have a long road ahead of me....
Today Paulo and I start our two week vacation. He arrived safe and sound from Paris this morning. We still don't know where and when we are going to travel.... but I will know soon.
I hope you have a terrific weekend.
maio 02, 2011
1. I'm still here, even though I have been neglecting my blog;
2. Easter passed as a blur.
3. My Step kids came and went.
4. We had a party to introduce them to the family.
5. Hubby is in Paris again, until the end of the week.
6. Depression's ugly face has been showing her face too much these days.
7. Today, I start my countdown to my two week vacation.